Military Discount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Mar 2, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Does anyone give military discounts.... or any other discounts??? Lots of military in my town.

how bout any other discounts????

coupons???

if giving a discount as such... is there a tax advantage to this??? if so, what?

2. chriscampbell

chriscampbell LawnSite Member

This is my first year in the maintanence sector. I have put different offers on different pices of literature to see what has the best responce and use it for next year. I give senior discount, Buy 5 mows get the 6th free etc. anything to get them on the phone to schedule a visit then you can sell them the job. But as for the military discount that might work to, I just started and I am recieving about a 2% response. Which is better than I hoped for.

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Plowing driveways for free for serviceman overseas right now. I'm sure that will carry over to discounts on lawn care this summer. FREEDOM :D :D

4. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

I currently give discounts to police, fire, EMS and I am thinking about taking on a select number of military families at no charge for protecting my freedom.

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I give a discount for active military and veterans.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

no discount, however, my tax dollars do pay thier traveling fees, thier food / clothing / housing bill, thier medical (for life) and thier retirement. wtf else do thay want from me?

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with bobby on this. They have a job just like everyone else does and they signed up for it knowing that war is a possibilty. No offense to them and I am greatful for what they do but it is their choice. Nobody gets a discount!

8. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

I choose to give discouts for several reasons

1. Military families are most of the time split leaving the wife (most of the time) to handle what the military person on leave handled. This is my way of saying thanks for your sacrifice.

2. Police, fire and EMS- since I am a paramedic and it is probably one of the most thankless jobs for what we must do, and the S*%T we put up with, I choose to say thanks for fire EMS and police with a discount.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

sacrifice? my ass! tell them to waive all medical and retirement benefits, then, if they agree, we will call it a sacrifice. until then, i call it a tradeoff, or a bet. kind of like..."you do this, and if you make it, i'll give you this in return."

10. Bobby, I always try and respect everyone, but you let me down with your "my AZZ remark..." Walk a mile in a soldiers boots and then make your Smart AZZ comments.
    Very Respectfully
    Navy Chief, Navy Pride...