Million Dollars

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joe7588, Jan 8, 2007.

1. joe7588

joe7588 LawnSite Member

How many companies on this site gross over a million $ annually, and mostly
    do maintenance type work? Mowing, mulch, fertilizing etc.

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you say Million headaches? ME, ME, ME!!

3. joe7588

joe7588 LawnSite Member

I know all the headaches believe me. I'm closing in on that in sales and was questioning whether it's worth continuing in this direction or not.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL At that point, it is a whole different business. You go from a landscape management business owner to a full time babysitter. My best friend is there with 26 employees, and he has new stories to tell every time we talk.

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we are almost at that number now. Probably will not hit it this year, but for sure will next year.

but we do pool service and landscape install as well...

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd Probably have a heart attack before I reached 1 million Dollars Gross in the Lawn/Landscape business. I really don't think this area would support it, unless someone was to buy on one of the heavy hitters.

7. joe7588

joe7588 LawnSite Member

do you oversee everything yourself or do you have a couple main guys to delegate to. right now it's just me to oversee 10 employees/laborers mostly Brazilians and everything else to run a business. I also fertilize 350 accounts by myself. The point is I don't think I can continue to to do all this and grow my business.

8. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, I'm closer to a billion.:drinkup:

9. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

....................................or two

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on where you live. I don't live in a big city so I would doubt that I will ever hit a million especially doing just maintnance. I have employees and we do pretty much everything but I'm a small opporation and like it that way. I'm not looking to run a million dollar business, thats not my goal I just want to make a good living for my family and I do.