1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Million $$$$ Idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, May 21, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

How come no one has a large shopvac dohickey thing that a guy could mount on your mower, hang it off the back like the garbage can style Trac-Vac bagger, that someone could use just to pick up paper, cig. butts, etc., on yards without bagging the grass? Have about a 5" diameter hose so if you accidently run over some paper you can quick suck the stuff up.

Maybe have one of those little garbage grabber things attached to the hose so you could pick up the larger bottles and metal pieces faster??

Am I just wishful thinking, or would something like this be feasable?

I don't want a bagger, since I don't want to bag the grass too.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

wrong idea to post that idea on here. Its just a matter or time before one of us market it. I am gona give it more thought. I ALWAYS have ideas like that, never to be posted on LS, or actually nobody ever learns about them.

I have got a couple things i am actually working on. That is one thing i do when i am mowing, think of ideas for new gadgets, and such.
  3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

there already is one!
  4. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

The local public housing authority has one that they run though the projects every morning. Sort of looks like it is set up on a golf cart chassis. It has a hose that comes forward over your head then plugs into a big nozzle on the front. The hose can be pulled out to pick up objects out of beds and such...It makes a hell of a noise when they suck up beer bottles....Chuck
  5. Camp

Camp LawnSite Member

How about a walkbehind unit like new little wonder
  6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

.....and it is only $ 18.95 !!! Call now!!!
  7. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

But Wait! Thats not all! If you call within the next 5 minutes we'll throw in a second one absolutley free! CALL NOW!!!
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

......and a set of ginso knives?:)
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am all over that if it comes with ginso knives
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, I've had this idea for quite sometime now, as well. My idea was an Ultra-Vac type set up, and have brushes under the deck instead of blades. It would be a whole seperate deck that would be geared differently for the brushes.
    Gravely makes a decent pull behind unit, and there are a few other manufacturers that make some cool setups, as well.