Miloganite...anyone used it before

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tbettis, Feb 18, 2008.

1. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

need some feedback on this product

2. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Can't give real recent report but used to sell it retail about 11 yrs. ago. Greens up nice but did not contain all the natural and benificial bact. and additives to enhance the soil like organics should to build a complete growing system or what you want to call it. Natural ferts work best when you build the soil to help support the grass not just "feed" the grass.

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

We carry a stand alone granular biosolid product, a blended biosolid/composted chicken manure product, and bridge products with them as the base. Sold by the pallet or truckload.

4. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

I have used it before... easy to use. hard to screw it up. can't burn. when you compare the price of actual N per lb, you will get sticker shock.

5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Milorganite has a nice N release rate but it doesn't contain potassium. I would rather not have to make a separate app of K. When I lived in Rochester, NY there was a local supplier that used Milorganite in a custom blend to make a 10-6-4 product.

6. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with PSU. Good product, nice response, but no K makes it more of an additional "supplemental" application.

When blended into other fomulations, though, it is a very effective combination. I believe some of Lesco's Novex fomulations had 30% biosolids, and I used a 19-2-19 blend from UAP with approx 30% biosolids + MU, Amm Sulf and SOP that was simply the best fertilizer I've ever used.

But find some biosolids made locally. Houactinite is sold here in TX for a lot less than Milorganite. I think Houston's crap is every bit as good as Milwaukee's, just more "y'all" instead of "hey 'dere".

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I just put out nearly two pallets of it yesterday. My back was killing me today.

Around 17lbs per thousand!! Milorganite is a great product. EXCELLENT for rooting sod!

8. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Good old Milwaukee sewer sludge.

9. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a bridge-product that has Milorganite in it. Great results!

10. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member