Miloganite...anyone used it before

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tbettis, Feb 18, 2008.

1. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Used it quite a bit when I did aerations and overseeding.Now use sustane for that .

2. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I have used it only when I have bad fungus problems. (ring spot primarily but other not so common soil and root stuff as well) If your soil is bad..it can work wonders for disease suppression. One application at about 12lbs/1000 cured a ring spot lawn for 12 years now. There is a top rated (nationally) golf course in new jersey that fed the entire place with it. The results were astounding. I wouldnt consider using it for maintenance unless the soil is really sandy and sterile.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That's sort of the reason I wanted to use it, because it will help build up the soils microbial activity and *hopefully* help with fungus and disease problems. Perhaps I won't see the real results of some of the applications I made last year until this summer...

4. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

ill see how the bermuda responds in about a month

5. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

and will post some pics

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

It sounds to me like its slow release nature would be good for feeding Tall Fescue lawns in the hot humid southern states from mid May-August, since a lot of nitrogen on them would cause disease problems. I've thought they needed at least a little nitrogen during the summer months. Maybe an app of this would be just the right thing for them.

7. SKIQUATTRO

SKIQUATTRO LawnSite Member

Question....I put down milorganite Memorial Day...should i be putting more milorganite down now or use another fert with K?? If so, what do you all reccommend? I'm on Long Island, dont have an igrnd sprkler...i want to protect the lawn from the hot summer days to come

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Pick another organic fert, milorganite has a lot of heavy metals, they cant get lead or any mercury out of the sewage sludge. Oh BTW it is what is left over from the processing of sewage, think of all that as you wipe the dust and sweat from your face.

9. SKIQUATTRO

SKIQUATTRO LawnSite Member

thanks, but i need some recommendations of names/brands....

10. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member