1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mine is different, but do you like it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at a lot of others web sites lately I've come to realize that mine is different. Its definitely not the 'crisp high-end' type, nor is it quite the 'my buddy made it for me' or the 'copy/paste template' kind.

This is my latest version, PlowSite members had the first go at it:hammerhead:

FYI, I'm kinda a crunchy green vermonter type not looking for Trump to hire me:laugh:

...link is in signature.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It gave me the feeling of someone who knows their stuff who is also friendly.

p.s.: I like the dingo, but that's just me lol
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

You need to change "ment" to MEANT on the front page.

Other than that, nice site!
  4. Grn Mtn

Wow, thank you.:cool2:
  5. Grn Mtn

oops, I keep meaning to have my wife proof-read it, Thanks.
  6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL the dingo picture is killing me. Good website.
  7. Grn Mtn

Thanks, want a better laugh, watch me use it for the first time, I have a Dingo Video thread with movies on it.
  8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you like the dingo with the wheels or the tracks better? I have the hardest time keeping the tracks on the dingo's that I rent!
  9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the look of it.

Your site, like many professional sites, is aligned left on the screen. For example, I use a 21" monitor, and your site is all the way to the left.

Had you considered centering the page over the background?

My last design stretched across whatever screen it was on, but I'm really taking a liking to the 800 pixel pages centered in the middle.

It means that nobody - nor I - need to look sideways at the screen.

But as for your site, it is a welcoming design.
  10. Grn Mtn

I use wide-screen monitors (better for movies, and the web IMO) and I always have my 'favorites' list open since I am constantly opening favorite sites of mine, thus left justified websites ARE centered (for me). I will definitely take your suggestion under consideration though, Thank You.

PS, I too liked your site, it is laid out nicely. I liked the section on good/bad wood for birds. I lost a 6 year old cockateel (sp?) to 'Teflon' poisoning. We didn't know cooking with it was harmful to the bird and when we moved into our house "Popcorn's" cage was close to the kitchen and we started to use our new cooking pots, 6 months later she was dead. Bummer.