Mini clik not working

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HS Football Rules, Jul 5, 2007.

1. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

I have 3 Pro C and each have a freeze clik and mini clik installed on them.
    Recently I've been getting reports of 2 of the 3 mini's are not shutting off the controller when raining.. one has never had a problem.

all are set at 1/8 inch and have equal exposure,, what could be causing these 2 to fail?

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I had a couple of Mini-Cliks fail to allow watering, after the first time they got rained on. Nothing seemed wrong, when installed, but they might have been a bit out of spec. The failures occurred at the 1/8 inch setting, and when adjusted to 1/4 inch, they worked properly. It is important to stress that it takes an appreciable amount of rain to trip a Mini Clik, so that a customer doesn't expect miracles from the thing.

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

make sure the jumper has been removed from the timer. make sure the wires are not spliced together. make sure no one bypassed the sensors.

in terms of sensors working and not working, there's not much to them, 2 wires, the circuit is either open or closed.

lastly, check the sensors themselves, often critters will eat the tops, or it's just in a bad location.

pg

5. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

I'll try the 1/4 setting...thanks

As to the other posts , yes they were all tested..jumpers removed..and unobstructed locations.

Thanks again

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think my case was the reverse of yours, so far as the 1/8 to 1/4 change would work. All I do when installing a Mini-Clik, is to press the little plastic post, to see that the microswitch action is smooth. Beyong that, I was assuming the thing would do as advertised, being that it's such a simple mechanism.