mini ex drip!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wellbuilt, Feb 17, 2008.

1. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I have a VIO35 with 2300 hrs .Ive had a drip of motor oil for about 250 hrs. When i run full boar it leaks more. Ive only added about 11/2 quarts since my last oil change.But things are starting to get messy. I think my PO over heated the unit and then ran the bolts in tight again. The owners manual had lots of greass on that page.(Mite of blown a belt)? What is my first move. I cant see the leak from the hatch .I would rather fix it before it becomes a imergece. I dont think i can fix the leak with the body on the unit. I fix lots of stuff and have most tools but ive never worked on a ex before. Do you guys work thru the hatch or do you strip the unit down ,do you take it to the dealer ? I do have a sail boat with a 25hp diesel that is very tight . Do i have to get a eyeball on the end of my finger? what do you think. I dont think i could work thru the hatch and fix much. I could use some help Thanks

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I can not tell from your post where the oil leak is other than on the engine. I would first wipe down the engine surfaces or power wash the unit to get it debris/oil free and then use whatever means possible to isolate the oil leak to the leak location and then report back.

3. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been looking in the rear hatch with lights and mirrors to try to see the leak Ive taken off all the side plates and cant see the leak or much of the motor. It may be leaking from around the water pump housing gasket. Im just thinking if i cant see the motor or feel the motor it just seems impossible to remove the bolts remove the old gastet and get a good seal or even torque the bolts.I tryed some of the bolts with a 1/4" drive socket and they where tight.