1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mini ex - mulching considering

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Buck OH

Buck OH LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I like it. I bought it used last year and put 600 hours on it. 2150 hours total on it now. Haven't had to work on a thing. Just grease, oil and air filter. It runs my torrent just fine so it keeps me rolling.

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I hope too have my Torrent ordered this week.

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

Buck Oh will you snap some pics of how you have the lines plumbed too your machine?

4. Buck OH

Buck OH LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I will try and snap them today. Mini is sitting in a field right now. The only line that is out of the norm is the case drain line. I will get pics of that one for sure. You have to T it in at the tank. This is the one I had the most problem trying to figure out.

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

Thanks. Did you use flat face couplers on the hoses?

6. Buck OH

Buck OH LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I plumb them every time. After talking with both my Deere dealer as well as the guys at torrent. Torrent said the more flow I ran to the head the better it would run. My deere mechanic said that there is some restriction to quick couplers so I Opted to run it direct as you can see in the photo. One thing I would recommend would be some kind of covering on the hoses. They live in a very harsh environment.

pic one is of 3 way valve that I switch to run thumb or mulcher

valve.jpg

head.jpg

case drain T.jpg

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

I will have too switch between buckets and the cutter so much that I will have too use some type of quick couplers. Thanks for the pics.

8. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Since you will have to use couplers,maybe go with the larger high flow flat face couplers????

Like the one on the high flow CTL or skids.

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

After posting I went and researched the actual flow rates of teh couplers.

Here is a link too pressure lose of the couplers. I think the 12FF is standard skid couplers and the 19ff are high flow couplers. At 20 GPM there is minmal pressure loss across the coupler of the standard size skid steer coupler.

http://www.midwestprocesscontrols.com/resources/FFSeries.pdf