mini ex root rake

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jwilkes, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jwilkes

jwilkes LawnSite Member

Anybody got one? If so what kind and how much was it looking to get one for my kubota
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ma71t

ma71t LawnSite Member

Ill second this, had a quick thought about converting an old york rake but i think that would get destroyed in a hurry. Anyone have one that works well?

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

4. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I'll second that. I have tilt bucket from them. Had little problem and service was great to fix it, to me that said a lot.

5. TAF

TAF LawnSite Member
    from Wa

I made a root rake for my machine and have found if very useful when clearing brush etc. If you own a machine,I'd guess you have a welder. Not too hard to copy a existing design and fab one for your needs. I don't have a picture of the completed rake handy, but here is a pic of the beginning of it. I added a frame approx 3' high over the top and some heavy duty expanded metal to contain the brush. I use my thumb to load or stack it and keep going. Works well for me ! I used old grader shanks for the teeth and some surplus 2" x 8" tube for the portion you see here. The rake pins to my blade through the existing holes that are intended to be used as lift points according to my owners manual. I don't push too hard, but with worn grousers it will spin a track before anything gets close to breaking.

100_1632.jpg

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

There was thread on here of a guy who built a rock/skeleton bucket for his large excavator to use on his farm. The build design would be the same except you would expand the width instead of the depth. Ill try to find the link.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it was farmerknowsbest who made one up.

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

USA attachments makes some as well.

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a pic of the rake Farmerknowsbest built. [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. stihljixxer

stihljixxer LawnSite Member

I have a rake for my ex that was a york rake for the end of the stick. It works very well for cleaning up rocks and breaking up ground to make a good seed bed. Also does well for light grading as im cleaning up. ill figure out how to post a pic and will do so soon