1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mini ex rubber track replacement

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by treadlite, May 14, 2007.

1. treadlite

treadlite LawnSite Member

It's time for new tracks on the komatsu..... any recommendations, manufacturers to avoid etc??? I'm thinking either Mclaren or bridgestone.... any input???:canadaflag:
  2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I put new rubber bands on my machine last year. What I found interesting was the difference in price offered for the same item.......and I made sure I compared apples to apples. What I am saying is......shop your sources.....it saved me over $2,000 by just a few phone calls.
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We're going to replace our 303's tracks with McLaren's hybrid tracks next time around. At first I didn't like steel tracks with rubber pads, but the McLaren's are much more versatile than the Roadliner pads, at least as far as mini's go. McLaren builds quality stuff, but I've noticed drastic price variances between similar tracks like Rockset described.
  4. dirthog

dirthog LawnSite Member

Just replaced the ones on my Kobelco mini bought the last set from McLaren tried to by from them this time and the service was BAD:hammerhead: canceled them before delivery because they were way late. Ended up buying off Value Part they were cheeper and they look like a better track plus the service was 100% better and less for shiping but you do have to go through a dealer to by from them.
  5. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Try Solideal. Like everyone has said, shop around. There's money to be saved!
  6. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Just as an added note. My machine is an 18-20,000 lb machine with rubber bands. Each track was $3,200......that's not for both, that is EACH one. Shop around!
  7. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

about how many hours should you expect from the rubber tracks?
  8. treadlite

treadlite LawnSite Member

I decided to go with the MacLarens.... excellent service, fast shipping on what appears to be a good quality product. Time will tell I guess, but as of now I'm suitably impressed. As for the hours, the old set had about 1200 hours on them, and in service with me they probably would have lasted another 2-300 hours, but with a few tears in them I thought I'd better replace them before I had a failure in someone's back yard.... if you're needing to replace your tracks, make sure you go with the tracks that have a drive bar mating with every tooth in the drive sprocket.... much quieter, smoother and stronger!!:canadaflag:
  9. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen the rubber-pads-on-steel tracks for mini excavators; does anybody know if they're making something similar for CTLs? I have to climb around on rocks sometimes, and have done some demolition clean-up... seems like these would stand up to abuse better?