Mini ex with twist-o-wrist

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TerraVenture, Nov 6, 2005.

1. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a kubota 161 excavator with the thumb and twist-o-wrist for the bucket. If not does anyone have experience with a mini excavator with a twist-o-wrist.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen mini's with twist-o-wrists and they work quite well. Since your machine is equipped with a thumb you'll need a bypass to switch from the thumb to the twist-o-wrist, you won't be able to use both at the same time (I think).

3. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

We have a bobcat 435 w/ thumb and twist...just disconnect the lines and hook up the lines on the one one want to use, sot much of a change of needing the thumb and the twist....the twist is the best attachment I think for the mini besides the thumb, it works very well for grading behind curbs, making swales, etc....its very useful. On our bobcat we got the real twist, bobcat also makes a tilting attahcment that is just a cylinder, it is useless thought when compared to the real twist. It's defiantly worth the $$ and once you get use to useing it you won't want to take it off....not sure what kubota offers for the attachment.l.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, the Bobcat knock off twist wrist isn't nearly as versatile as you can't rotate it as far, the real twists go 90 degrees each way, I think the Bobcat one goes 45 degrees, maybe 50. We thought about getting one for our 303 but decided we probably wouldn't use one very much to justify the cost.