Mini excavator with mower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jkiser96, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 LawnSite Member

I am building a 4' bushhog to fit my Bobcat 430. Has anyone seen this or done it with any suggestions what to look for or not to do? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.:usflag:

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Getting the right amount of oil flow with hydraulic pressure is key, Bobcat's are kind of weak, where as Takeuchi's have more power, so too heavy of a cutting spindle will heat up the oil faster and need more power.

4. jkiser96

jkiser96 LawnSite Member

I had a guy set up the hydraulic motor to run the mower at the right rpm under load and he said it should be fine but we are going to put a temp sensor on the hydraulic system. The guy that set it all up has been in the business for over 30 years so I feel pretty confident in his abilities but just wanted a neutral opinion. I have a few contracts to mow as soon as it dries out here in Indy so I am getting a little anxious to try this out. My Bobcat guy seeme to think it will handle it very well so only time will tell.

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Well worse case scenario is if the oil gets too hot when running in the hot summer you can run the lines out to a external additional Hyd. oil cooler. All the state road tractor mower setups have big coolers with lines running to them behind the cab.