Mini Fast Trak Question....

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dafreak, Apr 23, 2006.

1. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Does the Mini Fast trak allow for striping? This is important to me and I am looking at the mini and the Simplicity? Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini FasTrak does not have a striping kit available yet, but it does stripe very well.
    You need to demo the units you are looking at the really see the difference in the units, I feel comfortable enough to say that you will buy the Hustler after trying it out.

Pj

3. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

I have the 20/52 fastrak with the rubber flap type of striping kit and it works great! There should be a way to rig that up to yours??????

4. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Are there any differences between the 05' Mini FastTrak and the 06's? Any suggestions on what to go with from this list. Yard kind of slopes to the North, trees, fence, etc.

36" Mini Fastrak Honda 05' $3390.
    42" Mini Fastrak Honda 06' $3970.
    44" Fastrak 18 Kohler $4299.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No differences in 05 to 06.
    What type of slope are we talking here?
    The FasTrak with its wider wheelbase will be better on a slope.

Pj

6. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

I just talked to a dealer and he said my slopes were nothing to worry about. So, let me have it, which one? What is the Honda gonna give me over the Kohler? More life, more power, what exactly other the being a twin?

36" Mini Fastrak Kohler 05' $2950.
    36" Mini Fastrak Honda 05' $3390.
    42" Mini Fastrak Honda 06' $3970.

7. wingnutdave

wingnutdave LawnSite Member

Where did you get this? Hustler offers a kit for everything (I think) but the mft 36. If its not a hustler kit, can you tell me where it came from?
    Thanks.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Honda is going to be quieter, and a smoother running engine do to it being a twin, and of course, 1 more hp in the 36" application.
    I would say life to be equal between the two of them if maintained properly.

Pj

9. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

You mentioned earlier that a striping kit was not available for the MFT yet. Does this mean it will be coming out? Will it work with older models, like the 05'?

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have heard of it being on the list of items we are working on.
    I am sure it will fit any model Mini FasTrak, there have been no changes in them.