Mini fastrack??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tonym, Apr 21, 2005.

1. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have tried to post here , but nnone of my posts show up. I am considering getting a mini fastrack 16hp 42" , what is the big differance between a fastrck and a mini, is it the same hydros , etc....??

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your not having any problems posting.
    This is posted @ the bottom of every page in the Hustler forum.
    "All discussions are viewed by the administration before being released to the public. Your post may not be made viewable for up to 48 hours. Please allow the manufacturer representative enough time to respond to your question or comment once made viewable."
    The main differences are deck size, 36 and 42 compared to 44 and 52, of course the Mini FasTrak is a smaller framed unit and has smaller engine options also.
    The hydros are different between the 2 units, the Mini FasTrak has Hydro Gear EZT's and the FasTrak has IZT's, the difference is the rating on load capacity, the IZT's are heavier duty, and also have a replaceable filter.

Hope this helps.
    Pj

3. k-gull

k-gull LawnSite Member
    from OK

Don't forget the arm rests (which the mini does not have)! :)

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Arm rests are a optional item on the Mini FasTrak, you can install them in less than 5 minutes.

Pj

5. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks for the replies. I have it narrowed down to the Mini fastrak 16hp 42" and the Fastrak 16/44 . Is there any reason for me to spend the extra $750 on the fastrack vs the mini, I prefer to stay at the minis price, i will be selling my walker and am sure I can get at least 4000 for it. The mini is narrower then the fastrak , so how is the overhang of the deck compared to the 44" deck of the fastrack for trimming. I would love to go with the 18hp 52" but it will be out of the budget.
    I will check them out any day, my dealer is couple miles from me, very close.
    DO both machines operate at same speeds and handle the same way?
    Thanks again

6. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Is the options the same on the mini fastrack as the fastrack?
    For example, grass catching bagging, stripping kits, mulching kits?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is no overhang on the 44" deck on the FasTrak.
    Both machines operate at the same speed in forward (7 mph), in reverse the Mini FasTrak is 1.5 mph slower @ 3.5 mph, compared to 5 mph on the FasTrak.
    They both handle the same way on flat ground, you will find the FasTrak to handle hills a bit better due to its wider frame.

Pj

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes and no...
    They both have rear catchers, on the FasTrak it is a blower unit, and on the Mini FasTrak it is not.
    Both have mulching kits.
    The Mini FasTrak does not currently have a striping kit available.

Pj

9. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks where can i read info about the mini fastrak bagging system?

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY