1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Fastrak 42/17 not running

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by smileydrug, Mar 29, 2012.

1. smileydrug

smileydrug LawnSite Member

Hi all,

Took the mower out for the spring. Fuel lines were cracking so I replaced them along with the fuel filter. Started and ran for about 10 minutes, then died. Getting fuel to the bowel of the carb (Kohler Courage 17HP) but won't run. I can hit it with starting fluid and it will fire up then die. I thought it might be the carb solenoid, but it "feels" like it's engaging when the key is turned. I pulled the solenoid and tried bench testing it, but would not engage (possible due to poor ground?) Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You have to ground the fuel solenoid to test it.
    Sounds like you may have some debris in a passage in the carb.

Pj

3. smileydrug

smileydrug LawnSite Member

The solenoid works. I cleaned the carb but still no luck. The fuel jet looks strange though. It doesn't appear to be in the center of the fuel passage, but leaning toward the side. I have no idea how to remove it though.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

To clean it thoroughly you need to get every passage cleaned out and the jets also.
    Maybe take the carb to a dealer to have them go through it.

Pj