Mini Fastrak Blade Drive Belt

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Diane Spikes, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Diane Spikes

Diane Spikes LawnSite Member

I just got my Mini Fastrak yesterday (mulching kit installed). After mowing for just one hour in relatively short grass, the blade drive belt fell off. It was so tattered that I had a hard time finding the V to put it back on. After putting it back on and attaching the spring, I looked in back where the belt attaches to the motor. The belt typically passes in between the two transmission casings, but I noticed that on the right side, it was hitting the transmission casing, and had actually carved a notch of about 1/16" in the casing from having rubbed against it while running. I'll be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, but I just wanted a heads-up as to what could possibly cause this problem. A neighbor said that I should insist on a new mower, because it's hard to tell if this could have shaken the spindles, pulleys, or transmission case too much. Any ideas?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I don't know what would of caused it to come off, but you are right to take it back to your dealer, I am sure they will get you taken care of.
    Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the situation.

Pj

3. Diane Spikes

Diane Spikes LawnSite Member

After checking the mower thoroughly, it seems that the rear deck idler pulley must have been inadvertently left off. I'll get it to the dealer today, but, as far as I can tell, this is what made the belt rub against the transfer case, and it's also what tore the belt up. I'll keep you posted!

Diane

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Diane,
    I received your e-mail today.
    I am glad your dealer had you taken care of quickly and you are backup and mowing again.
    If there is anything I can do or any questions I can answer let me know.

Pj