Mini FasTrak mulch kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by WGASA, Jun 27, 2006.

1. WGASA

WGASA LawnSite Member
    from NM

Unit 15/36 #927343
    I believe kit #338442
    Please inform of what the kit consists (baffles-plates - how many). Also, is there a photo of the parts, brochure etc.
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a close off plate.
    I do not have any pictures, sorry.

Pj

3. WGASA

WGASA LawnSite Member
    from NM

Thanks, I'll assume that the plate is the only 'kit' available, unless I hear otherwise.

4. needamower

needamower LawnSite Member

I recently bought a 42" mini z and the dealer threw in a mulch kit. He is telling me that the kit only includes the baffles and block off plate and no mulching blades. Is this correct? Are mulching blades reccomended? Also, since the dealer isn't close to my house and it is a pain to get the mower to him, is the kit pretty easy to install?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The mulch kit does not come with the blades, for your mower you need 2 of part # 794214.
    The kit is simple to install, you wont have a problem with it, I will see if I can get a copy of the instructions and I will post it here.

Pj

6. novat_99

novat_99 LawnSite Member

PJ,

Where you able to get a copy of the instructions?

Thanks

Tom

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here it is, sorry for the delay.

Attached Files:

8. wingnutdave

wingnutdave LawnSite Member

If I can ask a silly question...
    IF its called a mulching "KIT" , and you need BOTH the "Kit" and you are forced to buy seperate blades, how can it be a "Kit"?
    Seems like a 'Kit" would include everything you need, block off plate AND blades, no?
    Ive been using my 15/36 with a block of plate (what you call a kit) without the knowledge that I have a completed unit. And is there a mulching blade "kit", or do I have to purchase two separate blades as well?

And (sorry I got carried away) the "blow out kit" that I guess I need, (as I blow as much grass out front as I do) "complete, or is there something else I need? Also whats involved, where does the "blow out baffle/kit" kit get installed, and does it in fact stop all the grass from blowing in my beds?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure why we call it a kit, but the reason we do not put the blades with the mulch cover is because the cover fits both the 36 and 42 inch models, it is much easier for us to offer 1 part # and then offer the blades separately.

The blow out kit comes with everything you need and it bolts into the front of the deck, I cant guarantee it will stop every singe blade of grass coming out from any part of the deck, but it is designed for stopping air and clippings rolling out from the front of the deck.

Pj

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here are the instructions for the blow out kit for the Mini FasTrak 36" model.
    All you need to do is drill 2 holes and bolt in the piece.
    The "kit" comes with the drilling template and the baffle and the hardware.

Attached Files: