1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mini FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by OSDOTF, May 25, 2004.

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

We just got our first three Mini FasTraks--42 inchers with the 17hp Kohler. They came in Hustler's new returnable steel crates, and I've got to say that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. Build, fit and finish are well beyond what the box stores sell in this price range ($3795.00 MSRP)!

Hustler's selling points are well represented on the Mini FasTrak, including the two-year bumper-to-bumper warranty with three years on the blade spindle bearings and front caster bearings and lifetime warranties on the frame and deck leading edge. Also to be found are the automatic park brakes, the foot-operated deck lift, the now-traditional Hustler height adjustment pin with 1/4" increments and blades whirling at 18,000 plus feet per minute. There are also a few features that will leave the owners of larger Hustlers jealous, such as the large fuel filler caps and the sprung seat platform!

A 36" Mini FasTrak with a 15hp Kohler is also coming, and the 16hp Honda now found on the 44" FasTrak will be available on both deck sizes. I'm really intrigued by Kohler's Courage engine, aka "The Bucket Engine," and I'm looking forward to firing one of them up tomorrow morning.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are awesome units !
    These units will be some very hot sellers !
    The smaller deck size and the lower price will be very appealing to a lot of people.

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

Here are the MSRP's for the Mini FasTraks:

FasTrak, 15HP Kohler / 36" > FST15KOH36A (927343) $3,495
    FasTrak, 17HP Kohler / 42" > FST17KOH42A (927350) $3,795
    FasTrak, 16HP Honda / 36" > FST16HON36A (927376) $3,995
    FasTrak, 16HP Honda / 42" > FST16HON42A (927368) $4,295

The models with the Honda V-Twins are not yet available, and we have yet to see one of the 15HP Kohler-powered 36" models st our dealership.

As always, see your friendly local Hustler dealer for your best price.