1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mini FasTraks tow location

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mike28nc, Jul 29, 2005.

1. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I just wanted to ask a quick question. I am soon to be a new owner of 42"/17 Hustler ZTR. My concern after taking a spin in the machine is the tow hitch seems very weak. I have an aerator/plug and small dump trailer. I really want to use the attachments on my yard but it looks like it might break. It seems that area is very weak compared to the attention given to the rest of the mower. Has anyone had problems with the toe area breaking?
    Is there anything I can do to make it stronger with out welding something?

Mike Lamb
  2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i have the mft 17/42 and have a small trailer and a dethatcher. it pulls these w/o any problems and i would think w/o any long term detrement to the machine, unless you are doing this daily. this is a residential machine, but hustler does offer a commercial warranty and a very long homeower's warranty for the mft. i think this says a lot about the build quality of the mft.
  3. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

Tks for the information. I have decided to go with the 16/44" mower. I think that back toe location is set up different. I will watch it and make chances to it if needed.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your hitch is plenty strong enough for what you can safely use with your Mini FasTrak. (rolling type lawn and garden attachments)