Mini FastTrak vs. FastTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking at buying a walk-behind for next year, but the FastTraks are cheap enough that I'm interested in them too. I know other companies are making small ZTRs at comparable prices, but Hustler is building such a great reputation on here. I want something to get by with next year and then move up to a Super Z or Super Mini Z. Is the difference worth paying more for a FastTrak instead of a Mini FastTrak. I will be using whatever mower I get for commercial use day in and day out. Would the one year warrenty make the FastTrak worth the extra money. Does the extra weight make much of a difference in tire marks. Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini FasTrak (36 and 42 inch) only carry a 90 day warranty (other than the engine, Honda has a 2 year commercial warranty).
    The FasTrak (44 and 52 inch) have a 1 year (or 400 hour) commercial warranty and of course the Honda engine's have a 2 year warranty.
    You will not have a problem with either one of them in regards to weight (in average conditions)
    Go talk to Tim @ Rife's, he will really help you out, he is top notch.

Pj

3. Jeff Laughhunn

Jeff Laughhunn LawnSite Member

I've just joined the site a few minutes ago. And yesterday I saw my first Hustler mower, at a newly opened local shop. The guy wasn't overly versed at the different machines, and didn't explain well what the differences between the Fastrak and Mini Fastrak where to me. I want to be happy with the purchase, and (like anyone else) don't want to buy more machine than I need, BUT likewise, want to get the best for my needs. The only thing I saw was there is a 200 lb weight difference between the two. Is that simply due to size, or is the Fastrak beefier, with bigger hydraulics, etc.? The web site confused me as well, because the specification sheets were layed out differently, and I was again unable to ascertain any true differences between the models.
    I too would like more of a comparison, if someone could take the time to help a newb out.
    Thanks.
    Jeff Laughhunn

4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my Shindaiwa Edger from Rife's and would like to buy Shindaiwa and Hustler products so I can get everything from Tim. I take it you know him personally?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Jeff,
    The units are similar in design.
    The main differences are engine hp options, deck sizes, tire sizes and the hydro's on the FasTrak are a step up from the ones used in the Mini FasTrak's.
    You are also getting a wider framed unit in the FasTrak, which would help when working on slopes and such.

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes,
    I have met him on a couple occasion's.
    He is one of up and coming dealers on your side of the state.

Pj