Mini loader

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Green Boys LawnCare, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Green Boys LawnCare

Green Boys LawnCare LawnSite Member

I was considering buying a mini loader. Current work I have for it is installing mulch/rock, digging trenches, loading and unloading pallets in the back of a pickup, grading small lots for builders. What would you recommend, as something to start with, that's not too expensive. I've not used one before.
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

talking about a Toro Dingo?
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have a mini-skid and I use it for trenching, auger, and harley raking... but they will not pick up half a pallet of sod. Sounds like it would be a good fit for you... just know that it takes a good sized skid to pick-up a pallet of sod.
  4. Mayday's Man

Mayday's Man LawnSite Member

I have a A300 bobcat skidsteer. Thats the big one that can steer all four wheels or go in to skidsteer mode. I do alot of sod prep and installation with it and sometimes the wet palet weight tips me forward. Lots of people add weights to the back to compensate. It cost me $45,000 for a demo cat alone with 200hrs, and with the attachments came to $67,000. It rocks.
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have heard that the A300 is easier on lawns than track machines. I am looking for a skid... is there any disadvantages to having that big of a skid?
  6. Mayday's Man

Mayday's Man LawnSite Member

Not really as far as size goes, but it doesn't slosh through the dirt leveling as easy as a T300. It vertually does very little, if any damage to existing lawns, Some tracking marks is the worst, but when you learn to overlap your tracks like on a mower it makes the whole area look equal and grows back perfect. I use my Grapple to pick up large piles of debris, land clearing, rake, etc... Bucket is only for grading, and pallet fork to plant large trees, pluck them out of the ground etc... I don't think I made a bad chose for what I do.
  7. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a good deal on a mini ex. im wondering what a dingo will do that the mini wont??
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

there is a long list

it will trench, auger, mix concrete, bore under roadways, vibratory plow, break concrete, hual material, use forks for pallets, has a tree spade, tills, cultivates, generates, cold planes, land levels, root grapples, excavates, street sweeps, stump grinds, and will fit in the back of a pickup, and through a 4 foot gate.