Mini Skid Attachments

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MowingisMaddness, Jan 5, 2008.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to buy a trencher attachment for my DitchWitck SK650 soon. Do any of you have any suggestions or experiences to share? I will mostly be working in clay with a few stones and plenty of roots. What kind of teeth should I get and what about the configuration of the teeth (every link, every other, on both sides?)?

What about used trenchers? Are trenchers long lasting and hard to damage or should I just buy new? I will probably spend 4K new or pick up a used for 1 to 2K. I won't be using the trencher every day, more like once a week, mostly for drainage and irrigation jobs.

Is any one brand of trencher superior to the others? Are Ramrod attachments any good? I have seen a few used Ramrod attachmenst for sale. How about Bradco? Toro

Thanks, aj

2. MowingisMaddness

Does anyone use a mini skid with a backhoe attachment?
    Specifically the Ramrod BH-78?
    Will I be able to dig retaining wall foundations with it?

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i demoed the ditch witch trencher when I was thinking of buying one, worked real good. i especially like the models that have dual augers, especially for minis this helps speed things up especially on deeper/wider ditches... big piles of dirt

4. MowingisMaddness

So does it have an auger on both sides of the chain?