Mini Skid Brush Cutter

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cddva, Jun 1, 2009.

1. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

Does anybody run one on their mini skid? What brand? Pros/cons?

Quick Attach has come out with a line of attachments for mini skids (not on website yet but they have a catalog available). I'm interested in the model they have for smaller residential brush mowing jobs (up to 2" diameter saplings). Just like to hear about anyones experience with one on a mini skid.

2. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Mule100

Mule100 LawnSite Member

There are a few different brands available. I rent one from time to time and a friend just bought one. Brush master is one I think and i can't remember the name of the one built in Alabama that is made out of galvanised steel. If you look on U Tube the guy has a video of it. I like the way it works and I have cut up to three inch stuff.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

here is a link to the type i have rented. http://www.brushwolf.com/pages/modelpages/4800.html

it has done suprising well everytime i have i needed it. i also like it for cutting slopes with the dingo. if i had more work for it i would definitly buy one.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i really wanted one but couldn't get ahold of one quick enough so I wound up w/ a dr mower, which surprisingly has worked very well

6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I priced out a Toro 525 Wide track diesel, brushwolf rough mower, multipurpose bucket last October. It was pushing 25K. For that price you could buy a Compact tractor with an enclosed cab, and not be out in all the mess with a Toro Dingo & a brushwolf. For what it costs & does I would rent one IF you can find a rental company that even has a brushwolf to rent for a Mini-skid steer.

7. Mule100

Mule100 LawnSite Member

If it helps any, my buddy has his 525 wide track for sale with a bucket and stand plate for $ 14,500. It only has 284 hours on it.