Mini Skid Longevity/Hrs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PowerPlay, Aug 26, 2007.

1. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

How many hours do you guys have on your Dingo's, MT52's, Boxer's, etc? We all know how amazing these machines are, but I'm curious how well they have been holding up? I am close to 800 hrs on my MT52. How many hours do you expect to get out of yours?

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Well my boxer has about 400 hours and still runs like it has 6 hours on it. I feel like it will last a really long time.

If you keep them maintence, clean,greased and take care of it, it should last a long time.

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2,546hrs on my dingo. origanal engine. new engine is on order though as the last 100 hrs or so it just wore out. not nearly as much power and the right cylinder is gone. fouls the plug pretty quickly.

4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

it's a 20hp kohler.

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

800 hrs on ours, and just replaced the motor... due to employee running with no oil....

the only other thing was replacing one track...and a few bushings.

6. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Almost 1500 hours on a 425 - still running great , only replaced one track .

7. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

I can't believe you guys are getting that many hours out of your tracks. I just put the third pair on my MT52. I get about 350-400hrs out of them.

I sometime think that I should have gone with the Dingo instead.

8. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got 400 hours on mine and they still look brand new.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i sold my mt50 this year (replaced it w/ 2 SK650s) but i had a little over 1000hrs in about 5 years of ownership. And had just replaced my first set of tracks. Now being that the dws are much more usefull they are getting run a lot more 1 has 250hrs in 3.5mths of ownership

10. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Well , I shouldn't have bragged - threw a rod on my 425 yesterday , really my fault for not checking the oil that morning ...... my dealer is installing a new engine for about 3k - couldn't see not fixing since everything else is in good shape . Bigred350 has the key , maintain them properly and you can get paolaken's numbers - I just got a $3k reminder .