Lawn Care Forum banner

Mini Skid Owners - Can I get some new opinions?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  treeguy27 
#1 ·
I'm SERIOUSLY considering purchasing a boxer. I don't care much for the toro steering wheel control thing. I know vermeer is supposed to be the best on the market, but they are very hard to find in my area. I haven't came across one used nor a ditch witch either

I have a JD4400 Tractor with attachments i'm going to trade for one. I'm selling off my larger truck and would like to stick with my half ton for a while.

Attachments I could use would be a tiller, soil conditioner, Vib Plow, Auger, And possibly a trencher.

Loading truck isn't a concern, and I will be purchasing full size machines next year. Or possibly this year.

So guys, Let me know your experiences, what you like, what you don't like, and any helpful tips!

Thanks! :drinkup:

#5 ·
I have the bobcat MT55 I really like it. I know a lot of people don't like it but the the things I think are good are the fact that I can put full size skid attachments on it which in my area are more available. in fact the only rental yard that rents mini stuff has bobcat equipment. Also if you get the aftermarket platform it is much better than the stock one. I demoed the boxer and i didn't like the controls and the fact that the fuel tanks stick off the side asking to get caught on something

#6 ·
I have the bobcat MT55 I really like it. I know a lot of people don't like it but the the things I think are good are the fact that I can put full size skid attachments on it which in my area are more available. in fact the only rental yard that rents mini stuff has bobcat equipment. Also if you get the aftermarket platform it is much better than the stock one. I demoed the boxer and i didn't like the controls and the fact that the fuel tanks stick off the side asking to get caught on something
Do you have or rented a vibratory plow fot the MT55?

#10 ·
I have a Ramrod 900T. I got a great deal on it used. If I was buying new or slightly used it would be a Ditch Witch. They seem to be the best all around machine. The Bobcat's different attachment style would limit your attachment rental and used purchase options. Most that I see for sale are the Dingo style mounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.