Lawn Care Forum banner

Mini skid steer pics!

10K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  J&R Landscaping 
#1 ·
Lets see all the mini skid steers out there and how they are used on jobs. Ill start, here is my Toro Dingo 322 at a tree job lifting some heavy logs. I also use it for mulching and any other job that i think it would be handy for.

Tire Wheel Lawn mower Plant Vehicle

Plant Tree Wood Grass Vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
That is impressive. Must weigh more than it looks since it is not tipping at all.

#5 ·
Man thats impressive!!! I've thought about adding one of these and wondered just how much they could lift and be used for. Those pictures tell a lot.

#9 ·
It lifts between 500-600lbs but if you have someone else standing on the back with you you can lift up more. It does not do any damage to the turf as long as you are not turning on a dime. Also when you have a big load up in the front like in the pic above there is not alot of weight on the back tires which means you can make alot tighter turns.

#10 ·
Here are two pictures of my tx420 with an attachment that I made to remove small tree stumps and nearly any bush. Im working on a hydraulic grapple that I will be able to attach to my forks and to one of my buckets to help with mulch/loose debris and logs.

Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire Mower

#13 · (Edited)
Actually we took a video of it pulling the former cedar tree out to send to my insurance company so they could see how this "home made" attachment worked and that it wouldn't be a hazard in use; so no "action" photos from this job. It would pull out the stumps not hooked up to the dingo (only hydraulics hooked up). All the forces are internal on the attachment. Mostly 4x2 1/4" wall square tubing with 3.5" bore 20" stroke cylinder and 1/2" grade 80 chain. The attachment weighs easily 300 lbs.

3.5" diameter cylinder x 3000 psi operating pressure from the dingo means MUCHO vertical pulling force.

My inspiration came from this website http://www.teamextractor.com/

Merged their 2 models to make plans for mine

Plant Tree Agricultural machinery Wood Grass

#15 ·
Wow...nice attachment...looks like you're pulling a dandelion...LOL:drinkup:

#20 ·
Does anyone know where to purchase a larger light materials bucket then the one toro sells? I want to use it to move large amounts of mulch.
The stump extractor in the following pictures is great.
How large of a bucket are you looking for?

#22 ·
A Toro "light materials" bucket was included when I bought the dingo used and it is 4' wide and seems to hold about 1/3 yard (9-10 cu/ft). If you're looking for higher volume for mulch moving, think about adding a grapple to your bucket and then you can increase the volume by a good amount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.