mini skid steer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by The landscaper, Jun 22, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

anyone ever used the ramrod mini skid, looks like it would be handy if it actually got things done...thanks

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

not a ramrod but our mt50 and mt55 bobcat have not been left behind at the shop a day this season so far.... great for poor access jobs.

3. The landscaper

Is that the same concept, with the stand on. How big of a motor is on yours, and could you use it to dig 24-36" auger holes and get ground ready to plant?

4. The landscaper

anybody else

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Trust me when I say this. You don't want a ramrod. I have hear to many horria stories about them.

The toro dingo, Kanga, bobcat, ditch witch, power ???, and finn make much better machines. I like the toro tracked jobs. One is on my list of toys I want. The toros have more attachments and the power to run them.

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm running a Toro Dingo on smaller jobs.. TX420.. Its a sweet little machine.. Materials bucket can move about 1/4 yard of topsoil per load, no problem.

7. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I just got a Bobcat MT52 tracked machine with a bucket, land plane/leveler, forklifts and auger drive with several auger sizes. Just used it on a job that literally would have taken 2 days due to hard ground digging and we did it in 4 hours. I am absolutely in love with this machine. It is like having 2 extra guys working for you and fun to operate.

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Are you talking from real life experience or what?

The toro tx413 track machine couldnt hold the bobcat mt55's jockstrap... compare the toro 13 hp honda engine to the mt's 23.5 kubota

9. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

We have a ramrod at my work. Besides the oil leaks it is not a bad machine. We have a trencher, augar, forks, bucket, rototiller and a grader for it. It is a great machine when the situation calls for it, small jobs and hard to access areas with the bigger machines for instance. We've primarily used it for drainage jobs this year and the machine cuts right through the soil with ease. So if you apply the machine to the right situation they are great. Do they even make ramrods anymore? I know a bunch of other companys have come out with newer and better machines.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

First of all. You are comparing apples to oranges. The tx413 is to compete with the kanga kid. Not the bobcat Mt55

The TX425 is 25hp and is Mt55 is 23.5hp. Which are the apples to apples comparison.

I have used both. I like the toros better for tracked machines. For wheeled machines I like kangas. Plus the toro has the rotodarin and backhoe attachments. Both are must have attachments.

Also
    Toro 23 attachments
    Bobcat 19 attachments