Mini skid steer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Bunton Guy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

sk650 is a good machine the 350 is ok too if you want to save money, though I once rented a bobcat and i liked the joystick. Boxer also have a pretty cool machine were the tracks move in and out...can't remember the model I've used--I like the Boxer's track movement to get them just right when installing mega mini rolls of sod...one track on dirt, and the other track pressing the seams.

2. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

The idea of having the Boxer's tracks side in and out seem cool and useful, but as the other members were saying the cylinder is exposed on the underside of a machine that is meant to travel across your job sites.

-Michael

3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a boxer with over 1000 hard hours on it. I have never had a single problem with the ram that pulls the tracks in have I heard of a problem.

4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Boxer 427. It is not diesel but has a good balance of power and does minimal damage to turf and grounds. I've used the sk 650 and i believe the sk 500. I like both of those as well. Mine will only lift 600lbs before tipping. That has only hampered us while doing sod. None of the mini will lift a pallet of sod. An earlier poster mentioned the controls on the boxer were awkward. I learned on the SK 650 and then bought the Boxer and found it a easy transition to the different controls. Now the Ditch witch controls are awkward to me.