mini skid steer

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What is the power head? Can you get diesel? It looks awful good in that vid. You have hyd. left and right and up and down and the in/out is provided by the mini skid? Didn't seem to see the unit idle or disengage. Can it? If not what if you get bogged? You'll sell a meeeeeelion of them. (Austin Powers reference).

2. Guest

Guest Guest

View attachment 22 Here is a new implement we've added to the Dingo. It is for pinching the root ball hydraulically on b and b stock and loading, unloading, moving or planting it. Just like in the nursery. My (Certified Arborist) groundman has dubbed the unit "the ball squeezer"! :waving:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

They are amazing IMO. Can go thru a 36" gate, pick up a 1200 lb plus log, drag a massive pile of brush, pull over trees with no come a long, keep a groundy in your employment longer, etc. etc. and are very low impact.

If you do not have and use one in the current market you are falling noticeably behind (again IMO).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

None taken, they are all over the place around here. I have a 12 ton 70 foot plus 22 foot jib crane, a winch truck that will carry 3000 lbs. and often sub big crane company. This little unimposing in appearance machine makes things go so easy and quick that the only worry sometimes is the client thinking they are paying too much.

You would have to work one on a inaccessable (sp?) back yard tree or watch another crew to get it. It took me by surprise. Been in biz for almost 40 years now.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

PS.....Welcome

PS....Welcome!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

2 more I forgot:

13. Jameson fiberglass poles in place of wooden warping splintering easy breaking ones. Currently I am in love with the telescoping one that can be used with slingshot.......so

14. slingshot, throw line combination with fiberglass pole.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

and....Bollard friction device to Porty

Double braid lowering lines

8. Guest

Guest Guest

We just finished a week in a storm disaster area, my home town. It is truly amazing what this tiny machine does for what it appears to be. Dragging giant piles of brush a football field distance through a path in the woods. Picking 1k plus chunks of wood and scooting them over and into a dump trailer. Pulling trees over and hangers down. Moving stump grindings. Now they are adding a stump grinder to attachments. I am not a salesman but that might be the easiest job on the planet at this time. Dingo 525 Track narrow width.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes it will fit thru a 36 incher. Profile is less than 34 inches I believe.

I just got it after demo ing one for a week. It is brand new with currently 25 hours.

I bought it on a slight sale for 19,400, with platform and narrow bucket. Get the narrow track (for 34"inch access") and get the diesel (525 as opposed to 425 gas), more torque and longetivity (sp?). I got the grapple rake 2650 and hyd. tree ball squeezer was about 1300. Tomorrow I am getting a double capacity bucket to use for stump grindings and next I am having the stump grinder attachment demoed. I already have stump grinders but no walk behinds.

It is a little hard to imagine but we now can do most any removal with just the Dingo and 14X6 foot dump trailer where before we brought in a winch truck and/or the 12 ton 70 foot plus jib crane. Unbelieveable the time dif. Only problem is job appears to be easier than the price warrants to the client maybe.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

There's a better chance I'll buy yours than his. I get a PITA stump done for free and see if as I suspect that the front to back sweep of the Dingo unit makes a major mess and isn't up to the job. We'll see.