mini skid steer

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, Canyon Mike, also I think the weight of the engine above the grinder would add some ballast.

TNT Tree above sells the unit. Dave is debuting the unit in milwaukee (sp?). Not sure when that is. That is when the price will be listed I think.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

PS. The Dingo has 4 pumps.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I am not sure. I am sure they give increased and consistent flow. The four pumps are one of their selling points.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

A couple of pieces of advice Canyon. They always want to sell the "demo". We almost bought into that but when we got the "very low hours unit" seems the hour meter did not work. No telling how many it had on it. So we bought new.

Then when we bought the new one, turns out it has the used implement on it. And.....by the way the contract had already been drawn up with the implement serial number on it. Next implement .....the same thing. Oh,......it just picked up a few rocks on the demo....and....guess what, ....yeah the contract had already entered the slightly used/demoed implement. We made them bring another one. Don't know if this is a standard trick, but beware. Only prob I have encountered with them though. View attachment 144

This is the unit (tree ball grabber) as delivered new prior to me telling them to bring me a new one. Imagine the balls to deliver this as a new implement!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I searched "Ground crew" Mike and came up with some kind of a fashion review.

Not hard to look at tho!:D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I just love that picture. Looks like the piston rods may be exposed to damage if unit shifts forward. I may be buying a slightly used bc 2000 Vermeer next week like one in pict. and I will try that out.

Yesterday I demo d the stump grinder attachment to the Dingo. The jury is still out. I think the salesman was used to doing little bitty stumps and I put it on about a 28" one. It was very sharp and did what I wanted to do but I did not need much depth and I am not sure it gives it. Weird fanning back to front also. It got the job done but I want to see TNT's grinder work to compare.

Still not ready to sell my little Vermeer 630 yet like I thought I would.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

We took our Dingo through a 35 inch gate today with no chance of any other entrance. Just looking at it initially I thought "no way" but from now on I can just measure and know for sure. It did a whole lot of work putting logs and brush over an embankment. How to keep the groundies: happy..........:D

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the nice words, Americanlawn. Here is the latest addition. Bought from Vermeer (used obviously). What a great company to do business with. I now have 2 vermeer chippers and 2 stump grinders. Wouldn't think of buying from anyone else. View attachment 167

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Mike, I downloaded info on the new one which is now the BC2100, not because I can afford it but because I was curious. Seems they changed the new one from up and down rollers to horizontal. Just seems to me that the but will have to go over the bottom roller where in the previous model it did not. But, hey, they gotta be geniuses with all they design and I forget how to tie my shoes sometimes. :D

Couple of neat things on this older unit. Hydraulic side to side and bonnet up and down on the chute. Double sided knives. These are a couple of things I will appreciate along with the huge capacity compared to my other chipper. We fed some huge logs with the Dingo yesterday and it didn't even burp a little.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

It is a 98 Mike, has 2800 hours and they (Vermeer) were asking $25k and I got it for a little less. It is in real good shape except for cosmetics. New drum, knives, bearings are fine and engine, belts etc. no probs.

I scouted a lot on the internet while shopping. That is part of the fun. Hunt and kill :D