1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

mini skid steer

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I would think so, they look awesome.

A lot cheaper then when I looked at the Ram Rod or even Kanga.

Going to look up the Dingo dealer and quick.

Mike

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I sent some my information sheet a couple weeks ago from Tree Service Magazine inquiring some information about the machine called Ground Crew..

Want to know if anyone has seen or used it in action.

They sent me a DVD and i just watched it...not too sure what to think. I was not really impressed with the video but i don't want to harp it has i have not seen it in person. I think it was the no helmets and what i would consider unorthodox - unsafe tree work being done that distracted me from the actual machine.

It states only 35 1/2 inches wide and can lift all that on a 18 hp Kohler??? Seemed like that was more than that Kohler could handle.

Looking for some insight. I know its not exactly a mini skid steer but what category would you put it in

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha...Nice Treevet

I have the info they sent me down stairs and i am off to bed. They had a internet link i will post. The pictures look pretty cool.

I still think I like the Mini Skid Original style better.

But wanted to see if any one had used them before.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice machine,

I have one question on the new 2000 how are the infeed rollers, on the side or top and bottom?

What do you prefer?

Mike

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thats Awesome,

Ya they are beast..

I am not sure why they went to a side design, I am sure right they have some reason or another to make it better.

I was working for another company a week or so back and they have a 1400 xl with the side rollers only complaint they had was chipping dead manzanita it was shatter and got stuck on the outside of the rollers twice jamming it up....stop the machine undo the springs and was able to clean it out.

Granted Manzanita is incredibly hard stuff to chip especially when dead...explodes when it hits the drums.

Awesome though...post some pics of the Dingo having some fun with the new beast.

If you dont mind me asking what year, hours and how much did you pay?

Mike

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Great pick up.

Cosemtic stuff doesnt matter when your pulling in that much big wood.

How many jobs have you got it on now?

What engine is on it?
    What do the bid boys weigh, takes a truck and a half to pull that and a load of chips.

Sorry for all the questions not use to using the BIG chippers on a daily basis

Mike

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome.

I love to talk trees, equipment and work in general.

I am still young but slowly growing.

How long have you been in the tree care industry now?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

That is awesome.

That is moving whether your 60 or 23. When i ran cross country we were running 10-12 miles at 6 50 pace that was a good work out. I don't run that hard any more. Sprained my ankle and has not been the same since. I can run 4-5 miles really hard and then it just KILLS!!!

I hope to some day been in the shoes your in.

Awesome.

How do you like the Ram Rod 900?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Best of Luck to your son.

That is not bad, faster then I could I could ever move. I PR 5 miles at 29.34 normally high 29's low 30's. I wish I could still run like I was once able too, I have another doctor visit in 3 weeks to look at it again. A month after I did it, the doctor was able to pull my ankle over two inches out of the socket and shake it around. I don't remember the names off the top of my head of all that was torn. Surgery is an opition but in day to day work and shorter runs it doesnt bug me.

I have heard of that book, my old cross country coach actually read it about 3-4 months ago and really enjoyed it. it is true. I think my favorite running move was With of Limits and the story of Steve Pre Fontane.

MT? unfamilar with that company or acronym

Mike

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Another good looking machine.

The ram rod can be bought in track or wheeled version I know. Then I have seen Kanga has something a little different looks like the track just goes over the wheels.

That is awesome, you have been buying/trading a bit of equipment...that is awesome.

Congrads on the new machine.

Mike