Mini skid vibratory plow?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Lawnworks, May 28, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Are these any good for residential irrigation... mainly 1" pipe? What is the learning curve? In the end are they a time saver versus trenching or just an upsell to the client?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Learning curve is a bit higher than trenching, but the time saving and less damage is totally worth it.

I take it your use your dingo?

3. Lawnworks

from usa

Yeah it would be for my dingo. Can you pull schedule 21 pipe? How does a basic installation work w/ a plow?

4. I would check with the Toro sales rep about the effectiveness of the plow in your area. The guys with the dingos in my area do not use the plows.

5. Lawnworks

from usa

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Get yourself a turkshark blade and some pipe pullers from JD landscape and your set.

If by SCH 21 you mean Class 200 pipe, then yes, it will pull it just fine.

7. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i have one for my dingo. works great. i paid about half that on ebay a few years ago but got a great deal. i pull sch 200 1" all the time. no problems. pulled 11/4" about 175' 12" deep. no problem at all.

8. Lawnworks

from usa

Dang you really really got a deal. New aren't they 4500-5000? Do you ever have problems w/ roots?

9. paolaken

no problem with roots, rocks are another story though. yes, i got a great deal. te guy didn't have a clue how it worked. i got lucky and found it on ebay. he didn't even have it listed in toro dingo or vibratory plow. not sure what it was listed under but it was kinda bizarre. i was about to buy a used one for around $3,000 when i found it. and only a few hours away.

10. paolaken

what is the turkshark blade? i think i have just the stock blade that came with it. pipe pullers? you mean pulling sock? is the turkshark blade good?