Mini skid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by meets1, Apr 30, 2014.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Dw sk750. They say 24.8 gross hp and 23.1 net hp. Machine priced at $23160. Machine, setup, tax. Bc. Mt55. 25 hp gross. $22200.

Bc fork $800. 44 inch bucket $550. Tree fork $1400

Dw fork $1100. 52 inch bucket included with price of machine. Tree fork $1300

These are my closest dealer. Rented each.
    Thoughts on price, units, best,better. Etc. looking for your thoughts .
  2. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

Bobcat is the only way to go.
  3. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Why? How does it stack up to a Dingo?
  4. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

Dw sk750 is a great machine. I rented one for a tree job I did recently. Turns a 30"auger with ease, along with lifting and caring a 3" caliper trees with ease. A few times it rocked forwsrd with a tree on the forks. Other than that and it can tear turf very easily I would love to have one. Haven't ran a bc miniskid before.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. meets1

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. meets1

I have rented as said but for me it has to be either dw or BC. Dealers are close.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. meets1

Any thoughtts on the Zahn r300 ditch witch? Talking with dealer priced about the same, if on turf no tear up. Down fall I see is a 30 kohler gas engine vs diesel. Anyone?
  8. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

I rent the dingo with tracks gas motor, nice little machine, I strongly feel the machine is overpriced but thats just my opinion. The bobcat with diesal was cheaper by $2,000 at the time I priced the 2 machines. Ended up getting a skidloader instead, I would like to have a mini skid someday they come in handy. I ran the trencher on the dingo not to long ago, was happy. Good luck to you.
  9. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I actually work for Bobcat..... Well, kind of.

I used to truck and work in the yard full time for them but since I started my own company I just work the odd Saturday here and there...

I have ran both the DW 650 and the BC MT55 and the Ditch Witch blows the BC away.....

In fact, talking to other folks in the industry and reading all the time... I am not the only one who thinks this....

And remember, I have Bobcat pride because I work there...
  10. meets1

So anyone own a DW zahn? I like it but also like the mini as well. For the amount of $ being spent in your opnions whats better? My uses I need forks, buckets, tree fork, possible auger. I seen a crew the other with a de-thatcher of some sort attachment on the front of a Zahn - looked great, decent job, no turf tear up.