Mini Skidsteer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mzgloves20, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 LawnSite Member

Well, it's time. I've come to a point in business where I need more muscle in smaller areas.

I want to get a mini skid steer. I've been net browsing the Vermeer, Boxer, Ditchwitch (those 3 primarily). I'm looking for good lift height, good tipping capacity and tracktive performace. I've seen the bobcat mini's get stuck in MINImal wetness. Oh, and it has to be a stand on, diesel and tracked. No walking if im spending that much cabbage.

Anyone use or have any input on models? I stopped at my local and only Vermeer shop and they only had chippers and boring machines. I was also ignored for twenty minutes before I left the store. Grr....

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I like the toro dingo the best. (any model) They seem to have just as many or more attachments than anyone else and if I need a specialized attachment I can go to the local chain rental company and usually they have the attachment I need.

3. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got a diesel boxer. I would buy 2 more if I could afford it. Ive got 600 hard hours on it and never had any problems. I have buried it up the the frame in mud many times and it still kept pulling through it.

5. Branch manager

Branch manager LawnSite Member

If experience has taught me anything, it might be go beyond your current expectations. My brother bought ASV30 from Vermeer in Pella,Ia. We call it the 'back-saver'; we used to bull chunks onto truck, and throw them off. Now we load with grapple over side and rear, and dump load on the 2500HD with hoist from Canada,via Buffalo. I know what these compact loaders cost; just suggesting upgrade,upfront. I can carry 1000# and do a 180 on a 4x8 with little scuffing, and love every minute init!.:rolleyes::waving:

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

the vermeer is by far the most fun to drive, the dw sk650 is the workhorse out of the group, very powerfull and very fast... I own 2.

7. mzgloves20

So, I'd like to thank Jon from Vermeer (who happened to read my post) for stepping up to the plate and making his company look good. He helped arrange a demo of the 600Tx.

Let everyone know how it goes!

Thanks Jon

8. mzgloves20

Looks like a neat little skidder. I have been interested in the ASV stuff for a while. Seem to have very efficient track machines. How is the pushing power for grading and such?

I still need something narrow to fit through a lot of residential gates....

9. mzgloves20

Does yours have the retractable tracks?

10. ropinghorns

ropinghorns LawnSite Member

I have the 224 and it's tracks go down to 22 1/2 inches. It is gas 24 hp.