Mini Sneaker Help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok I'm going to try to paste the link here where I put this in the equipment repair section. Help me out if you can guys. I need this machine to work, or I need to get rid of it. One or the other.

Thanks in advance. The motor is shot on this Mini-sneaker.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You want more than an 18 HP replacement. The two engines I've seen used on old mini-sneakers were 25 HP Onans and 23 HP cast-iron Kohlers. A new replacement engine will undoubtedly run you more than you paid for the mini-sneaker. And without a replacement, it's kind of hard to prove the rest of the machine is in good operating condition.
  3. bicmudpuppy

What I'm hoping for and doesn't look like I'm going to get is a good cheap suggestion for putting it back in service. Worse caase scenario, it still has scrap value, and its real HEAVY scrap. I'm not sure exactly what a mini weighs, but getting it to where it sits with a dead engine was "fun". I'm guessing 2k#'s? I'm watching the classified magazines in hopes of finding another something that is almost junk with a good powerplant. Prob won't happen
  4. farmer_lab

farmer_lab LawnSite Member
    from KS

where are you located in kansas and whats the asking price. I have one and it also has the onan engine on it. I have also seen a wisconsion on one before and it worked great
  5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

go to the auction, you will find an engine
  6. bicmudpuppy

Love your "purple cat" :) I let my purple blood settle down just east of that dreaded site on the Kaw :help: As to asking price / what it's worth......suggestions are welcome. I've either got to fix it or get it gone and after the lovely weather we've had here in Eastern KS for the last 15+months, captial isn't jut lying around.

Bryan, KSU '90
  7. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

I alao use a Case Mini-Sneaker, and would be interested in buying for parts. But need to see a couple of closeup pictures of it first.
  8. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

down time is a killer, dude. sell it and get a vermeer lm-425 and ditch witch 255sx.

you will be happy you did.

9. bicmudpuppy

Ok, thanks for the input guys. I think I've solved my problem. I found a small engine shop with a 20hp Kohler. I'm going back tomorrow to give him a $20 deposit to check it out and see if it is worth a tune up. If it checks out good, he will sell me the engine for $250. Its the exact same shaft demensions as the old Onan. I will have to install a steel plate and then build up the base to match the existing shaft hieght (the Kohler sets lower than the original Onan), but I should have it running before we dry out from this weeks rain.