Mini Sneaker w/ bad power plant

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bicmudpuppy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I don't have any real capital invested in this machine, but I've got to do something with it. I picked up a mini-sneaker last spring from an associate. It was included in a trade and I'm not out much except the new blade I purchased for it.

Here is the situation. The machine was purchased at an auction and set for a period of time. It was originally set up as a cable machine (there were four blades with it as well). With minimum effort, I got the machine running and ran it through a quick check out. I agreed to the trade and purchased a pipe pulling adjustable depth blade for it. After pulling about 200+ feet and finally getting things warmed up and under load...... Yep the motor blew. Actually, rod strap snaped and managed to strike the cam and broke the cam as well as losing a rod. Overhauling the existing out of production Onan engine doesn't seem to be a good alternative. Any suggestions for an in production replacement? Or anyone interested in an old mini w/ a good working hydraulic system and shaker for parts?

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A Kohler 18 Magnum or Command should fit in with minimal modifications.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member