Mini Toro Groundsmaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Apr 12, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

This is a miniature Toro Groundsmaster 832

NOT!! It IS a Toro 8-32, but hardly a Groundsmaster. It's really a mid deck mower but obviously I set it in front of the rider part. Not hooked up.
    Kinda resembles a Groundsmaster don't it? It's an '89 model. If the front and back tires were reversed...

minigroundsmaster.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

pic #2

minigroundsmaster3.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

pic #3

minigroundsmaster2.jpg

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

are u going to hook it up so it mows?

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Nah... what would be the advantage? It works great in the middle, and it trims closer in the middle, takes less deck space, etc etc. I thought about it but not enough advantage to it. Plus I have an 8 bushel rear catcher for it that would not work if it was front mount. I was just replacing the belt and had the deck off and i've always thought it kinda looked like a Groundsmaster (the steering column maybe??) so I just stuck it in front and shot a couple pics.
    Eric

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

advantages would be better trimming i would think and also reaching like under trees and bushes etc etc. why have a bagger? i mean it sounds nice and big and MAYBE good for leaves but..........

7. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmm.....interesting....:(

Hank

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

looks possible to me

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

The catcher is great for leaves. I won't be using it for anything else. The only 'catch' with mounting it on front will be that the blade belt probably won't clear the front axle. Other than that, I'd be tempted to make it mountable on front and middle, just to see how I like it. It only reaches under things driving forward, then back up, etc, I would almost rather do that part with a trimmer. You can't trim around a tree as easy with a front deck as a mid deck mower I guarantee that. Especially since this is front wheel steer. But I might try it just to have something to do. Any more advantages to convince me to have a front mower design???
    Eric

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Oooohhh.... I just thought of something: With this front wheel steer, the middle of the rider would clip the tree and the deck would never get anywhere close to the tree! It would have to be rear wheel steer. I don't think I will do that. Too much trouble, not enough benefit! :blob4: :rolleyes: