mini trouble

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer Jon, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Farmer Jon

Farmer Jon LawnSite Member

argh! here we go again. well, i do appreciate your customer service at hustler. you guys were very responsive and helpful with my last issue. its great for size, it fits everywhere and i could probally get 20 of'em on my trailer. i'd love to have a fleet of'em but maybe they need red decks or something. or i must have a bum deck. the same belt pulley bearing went out and jumped off the deck. my blade belt got munched. while inspecting it i noticed the front left tension pulley was about to go too. along with a bunch of play in my middle spindle bearing. the unit has about 275 hrs on it. heres where it really gets bad. its at the shop with a 4-5 week wait! and no loaner! how in the world can i keep alive without a mower. i paid for this mower outright and our company is growing, i need a second and third mower for the new contracts after the first of the year. everybody talks about equipment in this business and it's starting to be hard to back up the yellow when people ask. :confused:
  2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You need to talk to someone on the Hustler forum. I would be coming unglued if I had to wait that long without a loaner. If that mower is still under warranty I would demand a loaner or a new mower. Otherwise you're out of business. Start screaming!
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Farmer Jon,
    Did they tell you why it would take 4-5 weeks ? what was there reasoning ?
    There is no way it will take 4-5 weeks for a pulley and belt.
    I will call you Monday early am, and find out what is going on, then I can call your dealer and handle this immediately.
    Or e-mail me asap your info on this @

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

man you hustler guys are sure on the ball talk about great customer service ill have to check out some of your stuff where is there a dealer located in the chicagoland area:)
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting ready to buy a Super Mini Z (52"), but one of the main reasons is the dealer here is awesome. He puts it in writing that if he can't have your mower up and running within 48 hours you take one of the same exact machines off the floor and use it 'til yours is repaired. Now that's service. I asked the Exmark dealer what he does in a situation where your mower is going to be down for 48 hours. All he could tell me was, "We'll get it running as soon as possible". Then I asked him if he would allow me to take one off his floor if that situation occurs. He replied, "NO, we have demo models, and they don't go out for more than a day at a time". Congrats Exmark! You just lost a sale, and I walked away. I won't even buy trimmer line from that dealer anymore. Hustler is already giving me great service, and I don't even own one of their machines yet..............key word......."yet".
  6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

All machines break down, heck a lot of them use the same parts (spindles and such) That’s why everyone say’s find a dealer that will take care of you when your down. Hopefully you will know what he will do before you by your machine.
    That’s why Echo lost my business and RedMax has it now.
    I’m lucky because I have two great dealers now.
    Best of luck!
  7. Farmer Jon

:cry: well you guys at hustler are great with follow ups. i appreciate your email and phone call. the dealer called me today and said they got a call from hustler, and they said they would "check out what they could do" about my mower. still doesn't sound like much yet, but at least hustler has good customer service. note to everyone, just feel out the dealers FIRST ! a good mower can suck if you got a dealer tellin' you "you gotta understand, we got people without power 'cause of the hurricane and heck, even the owner of the company here at the shop (dealer) doesn't have power." i started thinking after i got off the phone, what the heck does that have to do with my mower in their shop, which has power. i lost power, have 5 trees on my garage roof, 2 on my shed, and 1 on my jeep roof. why 4-5 weeks? give me a new deck or a floor model as a loaner or something. please! i got 3 phone calls today asking me where i was and when i was going to be there to cut their properties. one was my bread winner which takes 3 days to cut!!! i guess i can either sell everything and quit or i'll try an finance a 2nd z for a couple of weeks worth of cutting. which'll suck making a payment every month over the winter. i just bought a house and got married!!! argh! i guess we'll see and i'll keep ya'll posted.
    ( just venting ) :dizzy:
  8. superman

superman LawnSite Member

John, You must have misread his post. His Laser dealer Su$ks. Besides, why would he want to buy something that isn't as good as what he already has????? ;)
  9. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

oh we go....
  10. Farmer Jon

superboy, i wasn't responding to someones post, i was letting you guys know the hustler guys are good , just watch the dealer you buy from. i coulda' bought a toro from the same dealer and their service would still be worthless. think i can go mine some ore and make the metal and the parts before they finish fixin' my mower? :blob4: