Mini Z 19/42 accessories

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Scott S., Jun 13, 2006.

1. Scott S.

Scott S. LawnSite Member

PJ, can you please help me with an accessories question for my Mini Z 19/42"? I need to get a hitch for it, do I need part number 357897?

I also am interested in getting either gator blades or a mulch kit for it. However I can't seem the find the part numbers for either items. I like the way it cuts, but it is leaving/throwing long pieces of grass everywhere which is going to start causing thatch problems. Any advice on which way to go?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hitch kit you need is the following...
    Kit, Hitch 36/42" Mini Z, Part # 107696 MSRP $36.00
    We do not offer Gator blades for your mower, you need to get our "wavy" style blade, it is part # 794214
    Here is the information for the mulch kit, you need to order the blades listed above, the kit does not come with blades.
    Kit, Mulch 36/42" Mini Z Part # 107654 MSRP $84.00
    I would run with the mulch kit, it will reduce the clippings nicely.

Pj

3. Scott S.

Scott S. LawnSite Member

PJ, Thank you for the response!

How difficult is it going to be to take the mulch kit on and off? I'm thinking the majority of the time I will be using the mulch kit, but other times (rarely), when the grass is long I will side discharge.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to be able to get under the unit, and a couple wrenches and about 2 minutes and it is off.

Pj

5. Depdog

Depdog LawnSite Member

I have the mulch kit (not installed yet) got it the same time as the mower last week. It is a steel triangle and block off plate for the side discharge. Looks very easy to install, you have to get the mulching blades seperate.

Any news on the bagger option?

Thanks
    Glenn

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No new news, I did see it and its awesome, but we are not done with it yet.
    I will update you when it is available.

Pj

7. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

When I bought my Mini Z 42/19 I asked to buy a set of Gator blades and he said the blades for the 42" Mini FasTrak are the same, is this not true? I haven't tried to put them on, yet.

8. Depdog

Depdog LawnSite Member

Oh the humanity!:hammerhead:

I hate waiting for stuff. I really want to be able to get rid of leaves this fall without all the raking.

Glenn

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are the same, heavy duty commercial blades.

10. Scott S.

Scott S. LawnSite Member

Well I purchased a pair of gator blades for my 19/42 Mini Z. My dealer said they were the same as the Mini Fastrack. They did a better job of cutting the grass, but with the smaller pieces it is throwing the grass even further. So I've decided that a mulch kit is the way to go. for my yard.

Anyone need a set of gator blades that were used one time?