Mini Z 23hp/52 vs FasTrak 20hp/52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HisMoney, Sep 18, 2004.

1. HisMoney

HisMoney LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to purchase a new Hustler 52in machine. :cool2:

I know FasTrak was mainly designed for homeowner use, yet wondering if it is capable of handling commercial cutting? (the typical postage stamp Florida yards)?

What are the determining differeneces between the FasTrak 20hp/52 and the Mini Z 23hp Kaw./52?

By the way, I have been quoted a price of $6600 for the new 23hp Kawasaki/52" Mini Z. So do you think that is Good, Bad or Ugly?
    Or $6800.00 for a new Super Mini Z 24hp Honda/52?

Thanks for your input. :dizzy:
  2. HustlerTurfDealer

HustlerTurfDealer LawnSite Member

If you're a commercial customer you're warranty will only be 90 days on the FasTrak. A FasTrak was built to cut one yard, effectively and effeciently. MiniZ is built to RUN ALL DAY!

and if your dealer has a SuperMiniZ for $6800.00 I want 4 of them!
  3. HisMoney

HisMoney LawnSite Member

Hey HustlerTurfDealer,

Thanks for the response.

I just bought a new one today. I decided instead of the Mini to get the Big, Bad & Burly :gunsfirin Hustler Z w/ a 27HP Kohler, 52"cut and sus. seat. Picked it up for $7000.00 even.
    The SuperMini Z was hard to let go of at $6800. ,yet decided on the big boy.

I think I will be pleased with this dealer. They are real Pros. Also picked up some new 2 cycles.

Now I just gotta get them to comp me some T-shirts and hats :D
  4. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

The fastrac is not design to run all day regardless the size of the lawns.The cooling on the transmissions is not designed for this and will greatly shorten the life of these hyro pumps and motors.That why it is called home ownert series. The mini is the way to go for cutting lawns commercially.The large pumps desing for the long run. Just about the same deck on both units.Pay now or pay later in repairs . Your call!!! :dizzy:

Some companies Like on encore use the same pumps the fastrac and call it commercial. I can tell you first hand ( becuase we WERE a dealer) that they dont hold up.
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the mower and welcome to the family!
    27 hp on the 52" is a monster and you will love it.
    Thank you for purchasing a Hustler.

6. HisMoney

HisMoney LawnSite Member

Thanks Pj,
    Researched them all....Hustler by far I found is got to be the best bet.
    No doubt! :laugh:

By the way, your threads helped out quite a bit to educate me on your product. Thanks again!

See Ya..... :waving:
  7. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

Congrats on your new purchase!!!!!

I glad that everyones input helped you. That what it all about. To help each other!!