Mini Z-42 in shop again

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Tom c., Jul 29, 2007.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey PJ, I have a almost new [20hrs] Mini Z42 That has been giving me reliability problems. When it had less than 5 hrs on it it shut down in the middle of a lawn I was working on! I had to call my wife to help me push it on the trailer! The switch for the lever was loose :parking brake, neutral. Dealer fixed ok! Then it starts throwing belts! Found out spring tensioner wasnt taught enough! Well to put the icing on my cake yesterday Im doing a 2 acre piece I bought the machine specifically for and something snapped in the hydro and dumped oil all over church lawn!! So I called my dealer, Holly Park Mower who is a great guy and he sent over a guy to help push it on the trailer again! My dealer is loaning me a Super Z [new] he's a great dealer! but Im not feeling all warm and fuzzy with this machine!! Maybe a mini is not up to the tasks. Im mowing almost all average residentials 5-7k and 2 commercials 1 is 2 acres I dont think its too much. Do I have a option of upgrading without too much of a loss? Well Ill find out this week. Let me know what you think. Tom:confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is something you will have to talk to your dealer about.
    We certainly can take care of any problems you are having with your Mini Z, sorry to hear there is something wrong in the first place.

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Got my mini z back. Dealer hed to put new trans in it! Could not figure out why axle came out. Machine seems to be ok! Still likes to throw belts though? I increased belt tension for now I guess Ill see how it goes:confused:

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me please, we can get this taken care of.