mini z and fusion blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by racingminds, Jul 22, 2005.

1. racingminds

racingminds LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 19hp 44inch mini z and was wondering if these fusion blades i've been hearing about are available for my size mower. By the way, thanks for all your great advice for us Hustler owners.

2. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I got some for my super mini z 52" great lift, cut and timespan between sharpening. If your dealer doesn't have them check with landscape supply online.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depending on when your mower was built, it may already have them on it, post or e-mail me your serial # and I cant let you know.
    If not you can order them through your dealer.
    The part # for the Fusion blade for a 44" is 796300.
    Hope this helps.

Pj

4. mromaner

mromaner LawnSite Member

Will fusion blades help with bahia? What exactly are they supposed to do that stock blade won't?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Fusion blades have a treated cutting edge to help with keeping the blade sharper longer.
    As far as helping you cut Bahia better.... it is possible, we use this blade in a new configuration of our mower decks, and your unit can be changed to reflect the new configuration.
    Let me know what your mower model and serial #'s are and I will get you the required information.

Pj

6. mromaner

mromaner LawnSite Member

Model # 927236
    Serial # 05051327

BTW this is a brand new Mini Z with 19hp Kaw. I am just trying to find ways to improve the Bahia cutting issue. I adore the mower otherwise. You didn't answer an earlier question: My dealer says Hustler is coming out with new deck design to better cut grasses like Bahia. Is this true. He says he'll make me a good trade next year when they come out..

Thanks

7. High Humidity

High Humidity LawnSite Member

I just purchased a hustler super Z, 25 kawi a couple of weeks ago. Any chance my Z has the fusion blades on it? How do I find out? What would then part# be for a new set of fusions for my new super Z?
    Thanks

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your unit already has the Fusion blades on it.
    I can not give any information out about what deck's may or may not be in the near future.
    www.hustlerturf.com

9. mromaner

mromaner LawnSite Member

It's great that my mower already has fusion blades on it. How often do I have to sharpen? And where do I get replacements. My dealer doesn't carry them. I already checked. Do the fusions have really high lift to help with bahia?

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You sharpen them as needed, nothing new there, you will find you don't need to sharpen them as often as with a standard blade.
    You would need to order them through your dealer, if he does not have them his distributor likely does and he can get them pretty quick.
    All dealers will soon have a good stock of these, as we are changing many of our mowers over to the Fusion blades.
    The Fusions are considered a high lift blade.

Pj