Mini-Z belt Warning

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cybervision, Jun 1, 2007.

1. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I just discovered on my machine that when by deck is in transport mode the blade belt is up against the frame and the belt for the Hydraulic Pumps. I was wandering why there were small marks on the belt. With the engine running the pump belt turns and rubs little indents on edge of the blade belt. The deck is adjusted properly and just came back from the dealer for cutting issues including the deck alignment. Just something everyone may want to check on.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ed,
    I understand your frustration.
    I received your email also.
    Our regional service manager and your dealer are on top of this and we will take care of you.

Pj

3. Homegrown

Homegrown LawnSite Member

Cybervision I checked my 19/52 MiniZ and found the same issue. If the blades are engaged w/ the deck at its highest point the belt jumps to the edge of the tension pulley. The belts also rub at full height. There are a thin and thick spacer for the pulley mount bolt. I put the thick one on top and the thin on the bottom, thus lowering the tensioner. So far the belt does not jump to the edge of pulley. I will repost if it does not work out.

Homegrown

4. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

Homegrown, I had my deck adjusted by a Hustler rep and it still touches and he adjusted slightly below 3"(because he did not have a clamp on the dog). It is not that much of a concern for me because I don't need to have my deck in transport mode. I was keeping it there when I put the machine away but now I just leave it set for cutting. Since you changed the spacers check to make sure your belt is not riding against the edge of the pulley when in the lowest settings. You don't want the belts against the edge of the idlers either.

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told not to cut in transport position. I guess this is why.