Mini Z Kawi 19/42..good price?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by j_nolesfan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. j_nolesfan

j_nolesfan LawnSite Member

Awesome forum guys. I've been over at the irrigation side worrying all of those experts to death. Welp, my church needs a new mower. We have a $5k budget and we've been offered a deal for a Mini Z 42 inch with a Kawi motor on it for $4,059. Is that a good price? (no tax, remember?) The dealer says he's giving us a 30% discount. I don't know if that's the straight truth or if he's been given dealer incentives to move it. I suppose the truth doesn't matter as long as the bottom line is right. I really only have a couple of questions. I've never owned anything made by Kawasaki but I don't have serious doubts about their quality. What concerns me the most is that Hustler appears to be moving away from Kawi and more towards Kohler and Honda. So, that brings me to my first question. Are the Kawi's reliable? Fuel efficient? Reasonably quiet (as if the blades won't drown it out anyway)?

My next question, since we're below budget, would the flex casters be a wise investment to smooth out the bumps? Are there any other accessories (don't care to bag, mulching might be an option) that you might recommend?

Thanks in advance,
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The pricing you are getting is special program pricing for non-profits and churches etc..etc....
    The price is very good!!
    We are not getting away from Kawasaki engines, we have more of them on anything compared to Kohler an Honda.
    They are a great engine with a great distribution and dealer network, along with Kohler and Honda.
    Flex Forks would be a great option to smooth out the rough riding areas.