mini z problems again...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bigal, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bigal

bigal LawnSite Member
    from wv

i have a 05 mini z 19/44. after 5 hours on it last year i had the spring that keeps the pulleys tight on the drive belt come off. thought it was a fluke and maybe it was. that was last year. now i have 14 hours on it and tonight i was mowing on a clean up and again the mower stops. nothing from the rear wheels. so i get off thinking its that spring again, but not this time. this time the entire belt is off and laying on the ground. i looked at the belt and it is frayed in spots. now granted i was mowing where there were sticks and things, but this is getting a little rediculus. i have a mower with 14 hours on it and it has been down twice now. of course i will call the dealer, and hopefully they will come fix it there since it is sitting on a hill. just had to vent. pj, any thoughts?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Hmmm....
    Whats the belt look like? frayed? flat spotted? anything out of the normal?

3. bigal

bigal LawnSite Member
    from wv

the belt didnt appear to be frayed, but i did see a spot about 8 inches long where the belt had seperated. but nothing frayed or pieces laying anywhere. it was all still together, but that one section had separated from itself. i hope that makes sense. i talked to my dealer this morning, said they will fix it, but i have to go cart it up and take it to them. so i guess i have a long night ahead of me.