Mini Z question for Mowerconsultant

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by midatlantic grass, Apr 10, 2008.

1. midatlantic grass

midatlantic grass LawnSite Member

I'm ready to purchase a Mini Z as I applied for loan today-done deal. But?! Small concerns: Question for you: price is 5,999 for a 19 kaw/52 deck mini Z 1. price seems low-anything to worry about? 2. Is 19 HP good enough for power for large residential 2-3 acres and small commercial.
    Also:Hustler dealer tells me they won't be carrying Hustlers after this season. Should this concern me?
    FYI A lot of the reason I went with Hustler was because of Hustler and your responses to consumers.
    Test drove comparable commerical Gravely, Scag and Ferris. Hustler to me was best choice.
    Thanks in advance

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

A dealer wanting to drop one of the top brands on the market??? Thats strange. I guess he hates selling a good product.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is a great price, nothing to worry about.
    It is ok hp for average use and ground speed, this is one of our most popular selling mowers of all time !!
    Is this dealer Hoobers?
    We are working on replacement dealers in your market as we are aware of their departure from the lawn and garden division, Hoobers will still be in business with ag, but not mowers.

Pj

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This dealer is one of the top selling dealers in the country year after year, a top notch great dealer.
    They are also a very very large company and they are huge in the ag side of the biz, and this is where they are going to put their focus.

5. midatlantic grass

midatlantic grass LawnSite Member

Yes, this is hoober's. Just a little concerned with them going away. Other dealers are a little far for me for a quick question or problem. Any warranty issues would be taken care of by Hustler, and they could direct me to a dealer? Don't want to back off deal, just want to cover all bases. Thanks for the response!

6. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Take my advice, DO NOT get the 19hp on the 52" deck. Lived with that bad decision for 2 years. Hustler is a good product, but doesn't matter who makes it...that's not enough motor.

I also had some cut quality issues, that in my mind were partly due to the very shallow deck. This was only 0n Fescue though.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have plans in place to have dealers in your area.
    You will be able to work with any Hustler dealer on any warranty issues you might have.

Pj

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It may not be enough motor for "everyone" but for most it is plenty enough motor, we hear very little about people not being happy with this engine.

Pj