Mini Z Starting Problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lbostons, May 6, 2008.

1. lbostons

lbostons LawnSite Member

I purchased my 19/52 mini z 31 May 2007 when I bought my new home. I absolutely love the cut and ride. I paid cash and also purchase the flex forks and suspension seat. Over the winter I also bought the ROPS system for my mini z. I only have ~28 hours on the mower. It has never been what I call a very good starter. I went out and started it out throughout the winter to keep the battery charged about once every two to three weeks. Recently I had a carburetor issue and my local dealer corrected the problem (I had gas all over the garage floor). Now just yesterday I went to mow and the mower would not start. It would crank but not ever catch. I am just really frustrated b/c I need to get it fixed again! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like a possible choke cable adjustment?
    Hard to diagnose without seeing it though, have you talked to your dealer?
    E-mail me and I can get this looked into if your dealer isnt on top of it already.

3. lbostons

lbostons LawnSite Member

Yes, they actually came and picked it up. Hopefully they can determine the problem and get it rectified. I really need to cut my grass. They told me that I could have a rental by the weekend if they cannot determine the problem.