1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Minimizing Pump Noise

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Ben Bowen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I recently completed a renovation of a small water feature. I installed a small skimmer and WGP-95. The old pump had been in a vault that sat about 24" deeper than the new pump does. As soon as I started the pump I realized that the new setup produces just a little bit of pump noise, just a small vibration. Is there a way to reduce this? Any tricks you have used before?

I don't think it will be an issue for the client- but it bothers me...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I am afraid to ask because I think that I know the answer but, who is the manufacturer of the WGP-95?

3. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you use pvc pipe or a flexible tubing? I felx tubing will help reduce the vibration.

4. Ben Bowen

from PNW

It's a Little Giant. The existing plumbing is rigid PVC- I would normally do flex. If I get a call back on it I might switch out, at least from the union down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, that's what I thought. At one time one of the best brand pumps on the market.....AT ONE TIME.

6. raggs

raggs LawnSite Member

The idea on the pump was nice a dual discharge however it is a piece of junk that always cloggs up. If I remember it has only 9 tiny intake holes and that's it. The only little giants I use are their statuary pumps which are nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ben Bowen

from PNW

I have not had clogging problems. I always install them in a skimmer or with other protection. I have had an alarming number of them fail quickly. However, there are very few continuous duty pumps available in town and sometimes a client doesn't want to wait for me to order something else.
    Posted via Mobile Device