minimum amount of cuts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 23, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do you require a minimum amount of cuts? for example: i have one lady, who would call when "the lawn is ready" to start mowing each spring. after that initial phone call, it was a weekly service. i gave her a call to tell her, it aint goin down like that anymore. she gets her first mow 3rd week in april, and the last, the last week in october, period. what dictates, for you, the start of the season-#1- the calender. #2- the growth rate. #3- the client. tell me please

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

the calander, 28 mowings here, or at least billed,and PAID, for it.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We start early mid march on contracts till mid november 32 cuts and up

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

The weather dictats my schedule, sometimes returning clients wait until the season has began no big deal, they call and are weekly from there on in.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I dictate when I start, when I end and how often I mow. Every once in a while I have a new client who questions this policy but after the first year they always leave it up to me. There is no minimum number of cuts, it's when it needs done and as many times as it needs done.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

As for starting, simple enough it's the weather...after that it's my way or the highway.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I start as early as I can in the spring usually they get their first cut the second week of April.We will cut until it stops growing some times its 1 or 2 or as many as 3 cuts in Nov. it all depends on the weather.